1) The contract is for the hire and / or sale of equipment detailed on the contract. The parties to the contract are;
i. The hirer, as an individual or an organisation whose official representative will be the signatory of the contract.
ii. The Company is a trading division of Abbotts (S.W.) Limited whose registered office is at Lowin House, Tregolls Road, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 2NA.
2) All hired equipment remains the property of the Company at all times.
3) Purchased equipment remains the property of the Company until full payment is received.
4) Agreed hire rates will be maintained for the length on the contract unless agreed, in writing, by the company.
5) The hirer or hirer’s agent is responsible for any loss or damage to goods including any packaging supplied until returned to or collected by the Company.
6) It is the hirer’s responsibility to ensure that the equipment whilst on hire is fully covered by his / her own insurance, with regards to loss, theft, damage and public liability risks etc.
7) The hirer undertakes to ensure that no-one uses the equipment who is not instructed in its safe operation and to ensure that every user is in possession of instructional material (if any) supplied by The Company and will not allow equipment to be misused.
8) Deliveries to third parties or unoccupied premises are made entirely at hirer’s risk.
1) Hire charges will be for periods of;
i. 3 Day Rate (72 Hours)
ii. 7 Day Rate (7 Days) Additional Day Rates Available.
2) Long term hire is available, please contact the Company for more information.
3) The hirer may not extend the hire period without prior written permission; this extended hire will incur extra charges.
1) All prices are exclusive of VAT.
2) The full hire amount is payable on confirmation of the order.
3) Payment can be made by cheque, cash, debit / credit card or online BACS payment.
4) Credit will only be given to established Account Holders and remains entirely at the discretion of the Company.
5) Card details may be held for the duration of the hire, in a secure
and/or encrypted manner.
6) By making payment you are agreeing to our Terms & Conditions.
7) All outstanding payments, including VAT, will be payable on demand.
Deposits and Cancellations
1) A refundable Damage Deposit will be taken by debit / credit card to confirm your order.
2) Damage Deposits are based on the value of the order;
i. Orders Under the value of £300.00 = Deposit of £50.00
ii. Orders Over the value of £300.00 = Deposit of £100.00
3) Deposits will be security on equipment hired. This will be used against any outstanding payments and used to cover the cost of any missing / damaged items. If the deposit is insufficient to cover this cost a further invoice will be raised to meet the shortfall, This invoice will be payable upon receipt
4) This deposit will be refunded within 7 days of return less the replacement cost of missing / damaged items to your debit / credit card after the equipment has been checked by authorised staff at the Company Premises. Substituted items will not be accepted.
5) In addition to the Damage Deposit, where applicable, a refundable Linen Deposit of £100.00 will be required regardless of the amount of linen hired.
6) Linen will be checked upon return by an authorised staff member at the Company Premises. Replacement cost of the linen or extra laundry charges due to stains will be deducted from this Linen Deposit before being refunded on to your debit / credit card. If the deposit is insufficient to cover this cost a further invoice will be raised to meet the shortfall, This invoice will be payable upon receipt
7) The full balance for the hire will be required at least 2 weeks prior to delivery.
8) Any cancellations must be made in writing.
9) Cancellations within 2 weeks prior to delivery will be charged in full and will not be eligible for any refund.
Delivery and Collection
1) Charges may be incurred for delivery and collection depending on location and distance.
2) Extra charges may be incurred for out of hours and weekend deliveries and collections.
3) Adequate delivery and collection access must be provided by the hirer.
4) Vehicular access to marquees / service tents, etc must be adequately provided for, particularly in wet weather.
5) Large items, in particular LPG 6 Burner Oven Ranges require level access and a width of at least 34″ (87cm). Please check your site situation when ordering and advise us accordingly.
6) The Hirer is responsible for checking goods upon delivery and shall notify the Company immediately of any discrepancies or damage. Complaints made after the return of goods will not be considered.
7) Failed delivery attempts may incur additional delivery charges.
8) Orders or part orders not ready for collection at the agreed time may incur extra hire and collection charges.
9) We will endeavour to collect equipment at times requested by the hirer, however we cannot guarantee collection at specified times during busy periods. It is the responsibility of the hirer to keep equipment dry and secure until collection is made.
10) Special requests such as setting up and installation may incur extra charges.
Breakages, damage and loss of hire equipment
1) Any hire items that are damaged, broken or lost will be charged at the current replacement value. This includes transportation crates, trays and blue laundry bags.
2) Lost items subsequently found and returned to the Company will be credited accordingly, however a further hire, and collection charge may apply.
3) Where the deposit is not sufficient to cover replacement cost, the hirer is liable for the balance.
4) Replacement costs and charges of missing / damaged items will be deducted from the relevant Deposits.
1) Linen is delivered clean and ironed in the blue laundry bags (sometimes it may be necessary to further iron table cloths on the tables to obtain the look you require).
2) When the hirer has finished with the laundry DO NOT PACK AWAY DAMP! Please leave on the tables until the Company collects them. Packing away soiled damp laundry accelerates the growth of mould and mildew which is IMPOSSIBLE to remove. If any laundry is returned with mould growth, burnt, or permanently stained (pen, strong curry, highlighter pen, candle wax for example) the Company will charge full replacement cost. This will be deducted from the £100.00 Linen Deposit, taken prior to the Hire. If the deposit is insufficient to cover this cost a further invoice will be raised to meet the shortfall. This invoice will be payable upon receipt.
3) If any drinks are spilt on linen including red wine please just leave the cloths on the tables and allow to dry, these stains should come out when laundered.
4) All Pastel, Dark & Hot Colour linen hires will incur an additional charge with an added Delivery and Collection charge.
5) All colours illustrated in our catalogue are representative of the actual colour as shades may vary from the actual item.
1) The hirer will be responsible for the goods belonging to the Company from the moment the hirer or their representative signs for and accepts delivery of goods or when goods are delivered to site as arranged when order is placed.
2) All products will be delivered clean and securely packaged and must be returned in the same condition.
3) All items must be returned in the original boxes or transportation equipment they were supplied in. Any items missing, broken, or not available on collection will be charged at full replacement cost. A period of 7 days will be available for hirer to return missing items and receive full credit. It is the hirer’s responsibility to return missing items.
4) The Company will only accept goods provided to the hirer and specified on the collection note. Any goods returned which do not belong to the Company will be notified to the hirer. It is the responsibility of the hirer to collect incorrect goods returned.
5) The hirer accepts full responsibility for the security and safe use of the equipment until collection by or return to the Company.
6) The hirer agrees to insure all equipment on a full replacement basis against loss, damage and theft. All insurance claim proceeds are to be paid to the Company on demand in writing.
Use of Gas / Electrical Appliances
1) It is the hirer’s responsibility to ensure the safe use of gas appliances. The Company will set up gas appliances where safe to do so.
2) Gas appliances are NOT to be used inside any building or enclosed spaces.
3) All of the gas appliances have a Gas Safety Certificate issued by a Gas Engineer which are available on written request and will be provided within 2 working days of receipt of such a request.
4) The Company will perform a visual and practical test to each piece of equipment prior to each hire.
5) All electrical appliances have a P.A.T test as well as being subject to a visual and practical test prior to each hire.
6) Whilst the Company will make every endeavour to supply equipment as described in the current catalogue and website, all items are offered subject to availability. Circumstances may lead to alternative products being supplied, but they will conform to the same standards.
7) If equipment cannot be supplied on the agreed date because of circumstances beyond reasonable control, the Company will advise the hirer and return all money paid at the earliest opportunity but will not be liable to pay further compensation to the hirer.
1) It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure there is enough gas for their requirements. The Company will advise the amount of gas required depending on appliance and hirer’s chosen usage time.
2) If gas runs out it is the hirer’s responsibility to collect replacement, extra charges may be incurred for emergency call outs.
1) The Company will not be held responsible or liable for any injury, accident or damage caused by the use of hire equipment. The Company will, under no circumstance, be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss, damage or extra costs incurred caused by its negligence or other default in the performance of its duties.
2) We will try to supply your specific requirements but if we have a problem with any item we will call you to discuss.
3) All colours illustrated in our catalogue are representative of the actual colour as shades may vary from actual item.